Total Pageviews

Friday, January 19, 2018

Chessumo by Murray LLC FREE

iPhone Screenshot 1  iPhone Screenshot 2
Chessumo comes from Murray LLC. It's a point scoring puzzle game.  All pieces can attack any other piece.  Points are scored by pushing pieces off the board, just like in sumo wrestling.
iPhone Screenshot 3  iPhone Screenshot 4
Pushing 1 piece gains 1 point.
Pushing 2 pieces gains 5 points.
3 pieces nets 14 points.

After your piece makes a move, it is dead and can no longer move.  Unless, another piece pushes it within the grid, but not off the board.

It took me more time than I care to admit, that I figured these rules out.

At first, I did not like this game. Then I saw a monster score on the Leaderboard and tinkered more.

Chessumo definitely has an element of luck. Bad luck often comes when pawns and bishops appear.  However, this is a very solid game.  At the moment, my high score is over 500.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chessumo/id1265923253?mt=8

http://chessumo.com/

Other chess-like puzzles that I've blogged about:
Solitaire Chess - my favorite from this list
Overgrown
Pirate Ring
Board: Chess Puzzle
Blip Blurp
Knight Trade
Troyis
Mate in 3? Ok!
Chess Puzzle of the Day
Chess Free 
Ruby Capture
ChessQuest
Blind Knights
Intersection
Chess Light - very good
No More Kings
March Simple Chess
Knights


No comments:

Post a Comment